Saturday, April 21, 2007

6 days and counting...

I can't wait for 27th April 2007 ! It's been , what, 70 days? Two and a half months? 10 weeks ?
It seems okay, it looks like I can manage, everything is under control! I even get to the office early, reaching KLCC usually @7.25am, surface to the G floor @ 7.40am, if I am lucky, a few friends would already be in their office in one of the towers, and i could call and ask them to join me for breakfast. Sometimes, I do have my breakfast alone, though! With one book in hand, that's fine! Good friends and good books, both make good companions, kan?

Weekends are still full of activities. My grocery lists consists of milk powder and diapers on the very top, veggies and fruits for baby's porridge, then chicken/fish and veggies for the adults at home, mainly for bibik or my mom if she's staying with me. I also make sure i have some frozen kuih in the fridge, in case i have guests coming over for the weekends. We used to borong a lot from Iwani's dealer in our neighbourhood. Iwani is one of the frozen food manufacturer, and so far, their products are ok. Apart from the pau which I like best, I also love their swedish meatballs. A few weeks ago, I bought kuih cucur badak , a frozen one, of course, a product of company called Manis. They are very good, the dough is just right, but the insides/filling is just marvellous. It's rich with coconuts, udang kering, a bit moist, a bit hot, sweet and spicy, I would say, just how i like my cucur badak to be.

But you see, with the non-stop entertainments from my children, visits from relatives ( far n near), the best cucur badak -in town ( to me lah!), it can't beat the feeling having my DH around. The time when he's not around, is killing me! Well , yes, after the kuliah subuh on Ikim.Fm, I can always switch to SinarFM or Light N Easy ( dengan DH mana boleh, heheh), i even sing Umar's songs from the taska, but still I would prefer having him on the driver's seat, with me hmm..telling him to: 'give yourself an out; not too close to the car infront; don't overtake, yet!; that was close!; or just anything.
It feels sad not to be able to say anything or not having any conversation in the car, or at home.
We speak on the phone several times ( at least twice) a day, but that is different. I can't whine on the phone ( or can, I?), i cannot gossip too much on the phone ( it's more of me telling him what's, who's, where's , when's ..)- ye lah, dia call when i am in the office in the morning, mana sesuai!. In the afternoon/evening and after midnight (the main reason why I now blog after midnight), the phone conversation are about ourselves and the kids, and the next day activities, etc. tak sempat jugak gossipp, hehe
When I do my grocery, everytime I saw a family ( ada husband, the wife and the children, I feel..sad, hollow, terkilan, it just remind me that I miss him badly). Sometimes when I am with Umar, I feel sorry for him, when I saw other kids with their father. Even when I am at hospitals or clinics, I can't stand the sight of a complete family, if I see one. I pretend I didn't see them.
Err..is it jealousy? I think so. I envy those ladies whose husbands are by their sides, no matter where they are. Whether you are Sudan, or in NZ or Rawang, Tmn Dagang, Europe or Middle East, it is a blessing !

well, can't wait for him to be back! 6 days and counting..

No comments: